| Right before the Ilizarovs were removed. 6 inches later :) |
Honestly, there is so much to say about the whole experience, I don't even know how to put it into words. The gratitude, the people, the hope, the amazing results even the pain; everything was a learning experience.
Even from the beginning the goal was not 'to be taller.' It was function and proportion. Yes, even at the young age of twelve, standing only 3'9" tall, I was able to make that decision with my parents behind me, surgery or no surgery. Now, fourteen years later standing at a straighter 5'0" I could not imagine life any other way.
Thank you to those who made my progress possible and who continue to be a part of my journey.
My wish is that I can do unto others just as everyone has helped me throughout my journey. For those people who haven't discovered Dr. Paley and his amazing team, I hope their time comes.
Make life all that you want it to be.
Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment